Year 3 Diploma in Spinal Manipulative Therapy
ONE YEAR DURIATION – 20 Weekends!
This one year course is taught by Osteopaths and Medical Practitioners. The student is taken through the fascinating subject of back pain from consultation/examination to treatment plans for specific conditions associated with the spine.
The student is taught observation and palpatory skills, which aid diagnosis of spinal pain. Advanced techniques such as M.E.T. (muscle energy technique), C.T.M. (connective tissue manipulation), S.T.R. (soft tissue release) are also taught, as well as rehab exercise programs for all forms of back pain. The student is also taught spinal manipulation, where and most importantly when it is safe to adjust.
On the team of lecturers a Medical Doctor will lecture on the effect of prescribed medicines for back pain and why some drugs work for different types of pain.
The Doctor also covers Respiratory and CVS examination of the patients presenting at the clinic, which have pain, which may not be of muscular skeletal origin.
The extensive content of this course ensures the student once graduated is a safe and competent practitioner.
Qualification: Orthopaedic Spinal Manipulations
Qualifies you to;
- Orthopaedic Sports Therapy Levels 1 & 2
- Neurological / Orthopaedic Assessment of the spine
- Manipulations of the cervical / thoracic / lumbar spine
- Assessments of referred pain from the spine
- Understanding medical conditions presenting in clinical settings as mechanical pain
- Understanding of Pathophysiology/ Rheumatology Conditions and their presentations
If you wish to go forward in your studies and be qualified to do
- Pelvic Assessments and Adjustments
- Rib Assessments and Adjustments
- T.M.J. / Sinus Assessments and adjustments
- Paediatrics (under 16yrs of age)
- Advanced Manipulations for the Cervical / Thoracic / Lumbar Spine
Then you want to study year 4 and 5 of our Osteopathy Degree Course.
Course Content – Spinal Examination & Manipulation
- Examination and treatment of;
- Neurological and Orthopaedic testing of the spine
- The understanding of Disease Process / Pattern
- Red flags for Manipulation / Treatment
- Case History Taking / Case Presentation
- E.T. of the Cervical, Thoracic and Lumbar spine
- V.T of the Cervical, Thoracic and Lumbar spine
- Treatment plans for Spinal Conditions
- Clinical studies of Back Pain
- Medical Examination of the Viscera
- Visceral Dysfunction presented as Spinal Pain
- X-Rays / M.R.I Reading and Understanding
- Writing Referral Letters to Medical Consultants
- Writing Medio – Legal Reports
- Academic Research for Sports Injuries Studies
Prices Spinal Manipulative Therapy
|Spinal Manipulative Therapy||Total Fee - €6,000||20 Practical Weekends|
|Deposit - Payment (1)||€1'000||On Application|
|Payment (2)||€2'500||Before Friday
16th August 2019
|Payment (3)||€2'500||Before Friday
31st January 2020
Year 3 Diploma in Spinal Manipulative Therapy 2019/20
|13||18-19||Sat - Sun||April||2020|
If you need additional assistance or have any questions,