Diploma in Orthopaedic Sports Therapy (Year 1)
This course covers the examination of the peripheral joints of the body. The course will allow the students to examine these joints and deal with most of the injuries that are associated with these joints.
The body systems are also covered so that you can determine whether the patients you deal with are suitable for physical therapy treatment or if they need to be referred for further investigation.
This Diploma qualifies you to
- Massage all the peripheral joints
- Examine these joints to assess Joint – Ligaments – Muscle problems
- Deal with certain types of injuries assocaiated with these joints i.e.sprains, strains,tendonitis and swelling.
- M.E.Ts for muscles involved with moving theses joints
- Acute/ Chronic care for these types of injuries
Not Qualified in
- Orthopaedic examination of the peripheral joints
- Mobilizations of the peripheral joints
- Manipulations of the peripheral joints
- Active/ isolated stretches for these joints
- Rehab exercsies for these joints
- Deal with any spinal conditions
Massage also plays a big part for the Orthopaedic Sports Therapist. All massage techniques are taught to the student on the Orthopaedic Sports Therapy.
- Qualification: Orthopaedic Sports Therapy (Level 1)
- Governing body: ICOM Cork
- 15 Weekends in College